Rules and Regulations
The King Apple Parade is the spectacular finale to the NC Apple Festival, and to ensure that the parade goes smoothly we ask each and every participant abide by the rules and regulations.
Here are a few highlights of the rules and regulations that need to be followed, please download the attachment for the terms.
Important Rules for all Entries:
- Throwing any items from a parade entry is PROHIBITED. Anyone caught throwing items may be removed from the parade route.
- Due to security concerns, we do not allow large enclosed box trucks or trailers. If you have concerns about this issue, please contact the office prior to the parade.
- Please ensure that your float/entry is family friendly. Any suggestive or inappropriate entries will not be allowed in the parade.
- All units are to exit ONLY at the designed point.
- No Commercial Entries will be allowed to participate without paying the fee. See the Parade Application for amount.
- All fees must be submitted with the completed application prior to the parade.
- All marching, dancing, or performing art units are to keep moving. You are not allowed to stop to perform routines.
- Floats shall not be wider that 12 foot or higher than 13.5 feet.
Please be reminded that we host a “Family Friendly” Parade. No inappropriate signage or displays will be allowed.