Parade staging information
Due to the closing of 9th Avenue due to the construction of Hendersonville High, we have had to make some changes to the Parade setup and route. Asheville Highway going South will be closed at Fleming Street for Parade Setup. Traffic will be routed down Fleming Street. Unfortunately, these road closures will not allow for the pre-parade of antique vehicles.
Please note the following:
- Parade Entries will continue to enter Oakland Street off of US 64 West (Brevard Road). Our staff will be there to assist you. Drop offs can be at the Oakland Street entrance or on Fleming Street only.
- Professional Floats will be relocated to a closed Asheville Highway – facing south at the old Boyd Parking Lot. They will be placed on the closed roadway facing south. All drop offs for the Professional Floats must be made on Fleming Street due to road closure.
- Fire Trucks and other Emergency Vehicles will also be placed on Asheville Highway facing south.
Remember that we host a “Family Friendly” Parade. No inappropriate signage or displays will be allowed.
Please read the information below on line-up and staging information for the King Apple Parade.
If you have an A or B listed as part of your entry number, here is what it means. Each spot is 60 feet, if you have A you need to pull into the front of the space and if you have a B you need to pull into the back part of the entry space.
- All entries must be in line-up no later than 1:00 pm
- If you are bringing a RV, flat bed truck or a tow behind trailer you must be in your space no later than 12:30 pm.
- Remember: No enclosed box trucks or trailers allowed.
- If you have rented a professional float they should arrive around 1 pm.
- Remember no throwing out candy, etc. You may hand out candy or materials.
- Attention youth groups: it is not a bad idea to set an area for the parents to drop off their kids and then walk them to the line-up area, this will prevent traffic tie-ups along the parade marshaling area.
- Please do not call the apple festival office during the festival for information. The website has all the information regarding the parade.